For most of us, investing in a house to call it your home is almost like a life-long dream come true. What plays a major role in this decision is when you buy it and when you choose to move into the house. The significance of choosing an auspicious day to perform the Griha Pravesh holds value in Hindu customs. It is performed to bring good fortune and ward off negative energies surrounding the house in order to allow the inmates to embark upon a new and purified journey.
Some of the most auspicious days to perform a Griha Pravesh ceremony are Vasant Panchami, Gudi Padwa, Akshaya Tritiya, Dussehra and Diwali. Since many of us are not adept with the customs associated with a Griha Pravesh ceremony, let’s take a look at some tips for a fruitful house warming or griha pravesh ceremony.
- First and most importantly, the house warming should be conducted only when the new house is ready for the family members to shift into and reside. The house should be newly built/renovated with freshly painted walls, new doors and fittings. This is the first step towards a new journey.
- Choose an auspicious day for the griha pravesh ceremony as it is believed to make life simpler and with minimum struggle for the family. An auspicious day is symbolic of embarking upon a new life that brings prosperity and good times for the family.
- Make sure you choose a house that is Vastu-compliant. Certain rooms and aspects of your house must be positioned or facing a specific direction. The proper alignment helps in balancing the energies and the five elements – sky, air, fire, water and earth – of your house, in order to attract good health and fortune.
- Insist on performing a havan during the ceremony as it purifies the air and fills the house with positiv energy. With that, initiate a practice of lighting diyas everyday.
- The next forty days following the griha pravesh, the house must not be left completely vacant, and at least one family member must be present at all times.
Here are a few tips to practice on the day of the griha pravesh ceremony:
- It is best to place the idols in the east-facing direction of the house.
- Clean the house thoroughly and mop the floor with saltwater in order to purify the space.
- Make sure you put your right foot first while entering the house.
- Decorate the entrance with mango leaves, marigold flowers and a rangoli. It is believed to bring good luck and wealth.
- On the day of the griha pravesh, the family members should sleep in the house for that night at least.
If you are on the lookout for a new home, luxury apartments in Chennai would be a great choice for you and your family. The Casagrand flats for sale in Chennai offer spacious living area that is ideal for growing families. The homes are Vastu-compliant, so you can sure of the alignment of the house. Find the best read-to-move-in flats in Pallavaram, Perungudi, Thoraipakkam, Oragadam and several other parts of the city. Buy an apartment in Chennai and get closer to living a holistic life, only with Casagrand properties.